Social Worker CEU Training
Technology — including screentime, video games and social media — plays a major role in our day-to-day life and has implications for the clients of social workers. The Screen Sanity CEU program seeks to enhance social work practice, skills and knowledge by providing a hands-on tool that can be used as a resource in an individual or group setting; or as a recommendation for clients, parents and caregivers.
- Understand the relationship between technology/social media use and implications for mental health disorders.
- Provide a playbook/roadmap for parents/mental health professionals to develop a “tech plan” and facilitate meaningful conversations around the pressures for adolescents today.
- Help clients define some of their core values and establish how technology/social media use helps/hurts these value systems.
- Recognize the emotional stress social media can cause on youth, and identify ways to boost mental health.
- Identify and recognize ways to help clients facilitate that need for connection outside of screentime in real time.